Switch Between Password and PIN, Depending on Location

Share and discuss your flows and ideas with other users.

Moderator: Martin

madra

Switch Between Password and PIN, Depending on Location

Post by madra » 12 Dec 2016 16:46

[I hope i've not messed this up, by editing some of the personal info before uploading!]

This is a simple flow [based on the usual example WiFi proximity ones] that will switch your phone screen lock to use a PIN no. at home and a password when away from home. Most of the examples of this kind of thing tend to just turn off your screen lock completely when you're at home. I prefer to still retain some privacy, so I use a simpler PIN at home and a longer password when outside.

NOTE: On my phone, when I wake the screen after my location has changed, the login screen is usually still showing the password entry method from the previous time I opened it [eg. I was at home last time I unlocked the phone. Now I'm away from home, so it's locked with a password, but the phone is still showing a numerical entry field, as if waiting for a PIN no.]. Don't panic if this happens [as I did the first time!]. Just click the power button twice, to turn the screen off and on again and the password entry dialogue will update to the appropriate one.
Attachments
ChangePasswordtoPINatHome.xml
(2.65 KiB) Downloaded 1026 times