Expanded Clipboard and Clipnote

Share and discuss your flows and ideas with other users.

Moderator: Martin

cjrademaker

Expanded Clipboard and Clipnote

Post by cjrademaker » 02 Apr 2014 07:43

Download
http://automagic4android.com/flow.php?i ... 9f6e9212a5

What it is:
This comes with two tools, first it saves your clipboard text to show the 5 most recent clippings and offers an interface to recopy them to clipboard
The second is a little utility to take notes using your clipboard. When you select a text and copy it, you can trigger a flow that will save the text in one of a variety of ways (discussed later in the options section) and add optional notes on the clipping
There is also a tool to send those lists to dropbox, google drive, or as an email attachment, either on a regular basis or in real time.

Content:

Flows:
Clipnote Take Note - Saves the content of the clipboard via one of several methods
Clipnote Upload Lists - Uploads text file lists to a specified backup service
Expanded Clipboard - Stores the 5 most recent clipboards clippings to global variables
Expanded Clipboard Recall - calls up a single choice list of your recent clippings and on selection, copies that text too the clipboard

Global Variables
global_cliplists - list of all the files in the chosen directory for storing notes
global_list - the name of the selected list in the dialogue for sorting each clip
global_clip - the most recent clipping
global_j - the state of the voice output - 0 being On and 1 being Off
global_clip_mostrecent - the last used of the 5 cycling slots,
global_clip_recent1 - 5 - your 5 stored recent clippings

Options

Triggers for saving the clipping to a list

I use the proximity sensor on my galaxy nexus and it works well, being both simple, reliable, and totally non invasive on the screen, but depending on your specific device you may have to choose another, it is by default set to confirmation dialogue

Proximity Sensor
Light Sensor
Confirmation Box

Ways to store notes

Locally as individual text files on the device
You will have to create and enter a file path to store the lists in the clipnote take note flow, and again in the backup flow for your chosen backup method.

Send as an email
You can format the email as you see fit in the flow, by default it is with the list name in the subject line, followed by the trigger time and the clipping and notes in the body

Ways to Upload notes
To Google drive
To Dropbox
As an email attachment

Speech Output
The default speech output is minimal, but descriptive and can be easily customized, if you do not want to use it at all, set the global variable global_j to 1 and leave it that way

Plans for the future
I plan to work on the following little improvements to the tool in the future

Rewrite flow for saving clippings so that in the recall interface, they appear in order of storage, currently the new clipping replaces the oldest, taking its position

Add a widget popup in the corner of the screen to trigger saving the clipping for devices without proximity sensors

Add ability to send the files as text in an email in addition to as attachments in the backup flow

wyahnke

Re: Expanded Clipboard and Clipnote

Post by wyahnke » 05 Apr 2014 18:44

This is a really cool idea. I'd love complicated flows like this, it really shows off the power of automagic. I'm going to dl this to use on my HTC One and report back how well it works.

Thanks so much for sharing and for writing the detailed description!

cjrademaker

Post by cjrademaker » 09 Apr 2014 22:35

http://automagic4android.com/flow.php?i ... 124fbf3246

This is the first update, you fill find that in the clipboard recall window that the clippings will appear in order of recency with the most recent first

One thing that I neglected to include earlier that makes the clipboard much more usable, I use the app switcher "swapps: all apps everywhere" and instal a shortcut to the clipboard recall in one of those shortcuts, it makes it so that I can access the clipboard from anywhere.

I appreciate your inteerest and I have a number of other interesting things developed as well, if there is interest, I will share them.

An interesting one is my Picture a Day set of flows, I had been interested in those videos of people who take a picture of themselves every day and then view them in order over a long period of time. I also thought that I would never remember to take a picture every single day. So I made this little utility to pop up a statusbar notification that, when clicked, at whatever moment I have good lighting and 30 seconds, snaps a photo, uploads it to google drive with the time taken as the filename, There is also a mechanism for storing the photo temporarily on the phone in the event that a internet connection is not available.

A utility to pop up a dialogue asking me which media app I would like to launch when I plug in my headphones, it also has a few additional conditions that make sure it does not pop up when you don't want it to.

I also have the standard set of audio managers, battery manages, regular reeboot flow, things that keeo your settings as you want them, when you want them etc. That are well written and incorperate audio output to integrate with my personal assistant

I have a note taking utility that integreates with email that I use on a daily basis, I have actually begun to use that exclusively for my note taking

The most complecated one, and one which is actually deeply integrated in all of the other flows,
I have a personal assistant developed that integrates very well thoughout my phone, lauching apps, reading me next events, creating events, controlling media apps, taking notes, all of that stuff, reminds me to go to bed, wakes me in the morning and runs me though the morning routune, sets phone settings, like volume, brightness, wifi, and automates them well. All of which can be voice controlled.

Let me know if any of that sounds interesting and I will start a new thread about it. There is a ton of power in automagic if we really sit down and use it.

ZSasha

Post by ZSasha » 10 Apr 2014 21:41

cjrademaker wrote: Picture a Day
It looks nice - probably nor for myself but for my newborn baby.
Could you please share this flow?

cjrademaker

Post by cjrademaker » 11 Apr 2014 05:38

I will have it up some time tomorrow, got to go through and strip it my personal data and write up some brief documentation to make it easy to install

emaeee

Post by emaeee » 25 Nov 2017 15:57

cjrademaker wrote:I will have it up some time tomorrow, got to go through and strip it my personal data and write up some brief documentation to make it easy to install

Thank you for the (old) share, i'm going to uninstall Native Clipboard because I rarely need clipboard history and this flow fits my needs without encumbering the system with running apps or xposed hooks.
I often forget that a "simple" flow can sometimes replace apps running in background.