Turning WiFi on/off depending on running app

Share and discuss your flows and ideas with other users.

Moderator: Martin

dismayer

Turning WiFi on/off depending on running app

Post by dismayer » 05 Mar 2014 09:01

These flows automatically turn on Wifi when specific application is launched, and turn off WiFi, when you close the app.
There is a but. Sometimes you don't want to turn WiFi off but only stop an app and do something else.
To be more clear, here are some examples:

Case 1:
I want to browse the Internet with Opera. I launch Opera and WiFi is enabled automatically. After some time I close Opera and WiFi is automatically switched off.

Case 2:
I browse the Internet using Opera, then I close Opera and open Android Market (Google Play). In this case the WiFi connection will be sustained.
(You have 10 seconds to launch onther, WiFi using app - can change the delay)

Case 3:
I turn WiFi on manually. Then I launch Opera. Then I close Opera. In such case, WiFi will stay turned on, supposing that I turned on WiFi on purpose.

Case 4:
When I close an app (for example Opera) and turn off the screen, WiFi will be disabled without prompting.

So, WiFi connection will be disabled when not needed popping a confirmation dialog for you to decide.

IMPORTANT NOTE:
Before using the flows, you NEED to make a list of apps, that will execute the triggers. I have left my triggers filled intentionally, so you can see my example. So just clear the list of apps in the trigger and put your own there. Than copy the list and paste it in the other flow.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
This package consists of 3 flows:
- WiFi auto ON
- WiFi auto OFF
- WiFi auto OFF 2 (it is disabled, but it's for you to choose, which type of "WiFi OFF" you prefer)
--------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any questions/ideas, just write and I will try to help.
Cheers!
Attachments
WiFi.xml
(13.81 KiB) Downloaded 1351 times