Unlocking touch screen rooted Moto-x

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

markd89

Unlocking touch screen rooted Moto-x

Post by markd89 » 18 Apr 2014 16:17

Hi,

I'm a new user of the paid version. I have a rooted Moto-X.

Background: I am using Neorouter free VPN. Neorouter gets disconnected when the phone moves on and off of wifi and requires a click to reconnect which is annoying. My flow uses Execute Root Command to click the touchscreen and reconnect. Works nice!

However, there's an issue: If the phone is locked, the UI events don't work, so I want to unlock the phone and do my flow. My phone has the default downward swipe to unlock. Any suggestions how to unlock the phone? Maybe I am missing something easy?

Thanks much!

Mark

bichlepa

Re: Unlocking touch screen rooted Moto-x

Post by bichlepa » 18 Apr 2014 18:15

Have you mentioned the action "Dismiss Slide to Unlock Keyguard"?

Martin

Post by Martin » 19 Apr 2014 07:08

Hi,

The action Dismiss Slide to Unlock Keyguard will be available in the next update of Automagic (currently available in the EAP-forum for testing purposes). Unfortunately this action does not work on all devices since some manufacturers modified this part of Android quite heavily.
You could also try and use action Set Keyguard State: Off and later turn the keyguard on again using Set Keyguard State: On. This action is known to work unreliably on some devices (the keyguard can be displayed suddenly, e.g. when selecting a notification, even when it's still turned off).
You can also try to use action Execute Root Command: input keyevent 82 which allows to unlock the device on some ROMs.

Regards,
Martin

markd89

Post by markd89 » 19 Apr 2014 13:53

Thanks gentlemen. This was the help I needed.

I am running the Kankat ROM on my Moto-X (Android 4.42). This ROM is mostly stock but Dismiss Slide to Unlock Keyboard did not work by itself.

It took some experimentation, but using the EAP build, this was the combo that seemed to work...

to Unlock:

Set Lock Pattern State: OFF
Set Keyguard State: OFF
Dismiss Slide to Unlock Keyboard

to Lock:
Set Lock Pattern State: ON
Lock Device

I'm attaching my Flow here in case it is useful to someone else. The purpose is when the Network changes (i.e. Wifi to Cell or Cell to Wifi) that Neorouter will start/connect so that the VPN is always active. YMMV if this needs some adjustment to work on your device...

Thanks again for all the help! (edit: Thanks also for such a kick ass app!!)
Mark
Attachments
flow_Run_neorouter_and_login_20140418_175213.xml
(5.97 KiB) Downloaded 921 times