Dialog Toggles

Share and discuss your flows and ideas with other users.

Moderator: Martin

Yam

Dialog Toggles

Post by Yam » 14 Feb 2020 06:48

Hi there!

Thought I'd just share a Boolean operated toggle dialog for anyone wishing to learn or utilize them.

I haven't seen it utilized much, but I'm hoping that it helps inspire or gives new users the tools to be able to learn and show off their wildest of creations!
i also hope it's put on desmantos useful flow showcase

Super excited to see more dialog indepth flows like Nfilters and Audio Profiles

Includes 3 toggle options.
Boolean
Styled
Mutli

Download Here

Picture:
Screenshot_20200214-174750.jpg
Screenshot_20200214-174750.jpg (430.18 KiB) Viewed 24102 times
Last edited by Yam on 16 Feb 2020 00:17, edited 1 time in total.
Every life altering decision you have made, has lead to you reading this.

pgrilo

Re: Dialog Toggles

Post by pgrilo » 15 Feb 2020 21:52

Yam wrote:
14 Feb 2020 06:48
Hi there!

Thought I'd just share a Boolean operated toggle dialog for anyone wishing to learn or utilize them.

I haven't seen it utilized much, but I'm hoping that it helps inspire or gives new users the tools to be able to learn and show off their wildest of creations!
i also hope it's put on desmantos useful flow showcase

Super excited to see more dialog indepth flows like Nfilters and Audio Profiles

Includes 3 toggle options.
Boolean
Styled
Mutli

Picture:
Screenshot_20200214-174750.jpg
Looks cool, please share the flow..

Yam

Post by Yam » 16 Feb 2020 00:15

Oh my god bahahahah! My bad!

pgrilo

Post by pgrilo » 16 Feb 2020 01:36

:D Thank you

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 16 Feb 2020 15:34

That is one of the idea to use with refreshed dialog with single choice menu. I almost try to use this method in the past, but thought that it might be inefficient. Because it will pop up the input dialog so many times after each choice. I ended using Input Dialog - Multiple choices, it is only single dialog and I can check the each index and toggle the state as needed. I use the same multiple choice method in many places, including flow state (checked means enabled), timer (checked means enable timer), shortcut (checked means shortcut can be used) etc.

In case I need to save several states at once with some state can be more than 3 toggles, I usually just lay it out as full list/map. Example, the logcat flow I am working on currently, I need to choose between 5 states choice : Pick, Copy, Google, Whitelist, Blacklist; then each still can be paired with Tag or Message or both.
AM Logcat 15 choices.png
AM Logcat 15 choices.png (96.34 KiB) Viewed 24015 times
Instead of creating loop input dialog, I just spread over the choice and create 15 single choice menu. I can still condense the result into only 3 branches because of similarity (not 15 branches). This require only single input dialog for that part, no looped input dialog and still save some spaces on the flow. Even if it takes more place at the flow (exampel 15 branches), I will still prioritize the execution time to minimize input dialog usage as possible.

Using this method, I can also add some additional choice which is not part of the pattern above, example I still have additional option to "Copy Complete Line", only when the previous choice is Full Log or Search Keyword.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

Yam

Post by Yam » 17 Feb 2020 03:31

That's really neat! Also yeah I've noticed that you can freeze a flow by spamming out of a looped dialog.

Overall I wanted something neat and compact to share to anyone needing some guidance in dialog loops or toggles for any boolean gates in their major flows.

I didn't really see anything on the forums about dialog toggles. So I just chucked one up :)

Cheers for the response though, you've given me some insight for my next side project

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 17 Feb 2020 05:19

It is good to share, we learn a lot by sharing. It is up to reader to choose which style suit the best for them. I also have posted some style I used in the past those I don't use anymore, because I found a better way to do it. But at times, I still have to use it because of efficiency or better readability.

Input dialog to stop flow is considered bug by some users. But yeah it can be used to pause the flow. I use debug dialog instead, since it also show me much more detailed infi.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.