EAP version 1.38.0-dev

Forum to discuss everything related to the current development build of Automagic.

Moderator: Martin

igoryan94

Re: EAP version 1.38.0-dev

Post by igoryan94 » 18 Jan 2020 12:17

Desmanto wrote:
02 Jan 2020 18:05
@igoryan94 : ...

I know this is not the solution, but can you try to change your display density (or size) to smaller than current one? It is at the Settings - Display - Display Size (CMIIW). Maybe the UI sometimes not fit enough there and the search icon disappear.
No, that would not help...

Coldblackice

Post by Coldblackice » 01 Feb 2020 20:56

Minor issue, after installing the app, at the bottom-right corner, the "Add/New"button overlays on top of the missing-permissions warning. Trivial, but just a heads-up that it'd be good to have a warning like that have all its text visible. Maybe having the warning on top of the button, since it would be best if it was decided then instead of floating around?
Attachments
Screenshot_20200201-122553.png
Bottom-right corner "Add" button
Screenshot_20200201-122553.png (286.38 KiB) Viewed 87346 times

Martin

Post by Martin » 09 Feb 2020 20:02

Thanks for reporting! The Add-button will be shifted upwards when required in the next build so that it does not hide the permission warning text.

Regards,
Martin

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 10 Feb 2020 10:16

@Martin : Is there any schedule to release 1.38 stable in the near future? It seems some of us are waiting to use the READ_LOGS and DUMP permission without root. The logcat and dumpsys is indeed very powerful to aid in creating flow.

I have been working on logcat flow to mimic tasker new feature of creating logcat event. I ended up upgrading my logcat flow and make it even easier to read any logcat. I am confidence that it will be more useful than tasker current method. It is about 75% finished : the logging, parsing and selecting tag/message have been done. I expect to share the flow in the same time AM 1.38 is out, so non root user can benefit from this new feature.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

Wibbly

Post by Wibbly » 10 Feb 2020 10:26

Desmanto wrote:
10 Feb 2020 10:16
@Martin : Is there any schedule to release 1.38 stable in the near future?
We normally seem to go for a 5 - 7 month (?) EAP cycle before release, but 1.38 is running at ~ 9 months in EAP so far. Just curious what it is about 1.38 release that makes it not stable enough so far to justify release. Meanwile I just continue to use and update the EAP versions, which are stable (for me, anyway ;-))

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 11 Feb 2020 19:12

Wibbly wrote:
10 Feb 2020 10:26
We normally seem to go for a 5 - 7 month (?) EAP cycle before release, but 1.38 is running at ~ 9 months in EAP so far. Just curious what it is about 1.38 release that makes it not stable enough so far to justify release. Meanwile I just continue to use and update the EAP versions, which are stable (for me, anyway ;-))
I want to try EAP, but too afraid to risk my main phone. I have secondary phone to test it, but the phone is too slow for me now. So i am lazy to develop the flow there.

I think the logcat feature might be one of the them (that delay the release)? Hence I have taken inisiative to create my own solution first. But I keep adding things until the flow now is way much more complex than what I initially thought want to do. Can't share yet as many branches of the logcat menu are WIP.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

Martin

Post by Martin » 16 Feb 2020 20:08

Hi,

Sorry again for the huge amount of time I'm using for v1.38. I'm still testing the new way to access external storage with the goal to make it work on as many devices and Android versions as possible without breaking anything.

Regards,
Martin

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 17 Feb 2020 05:20

Hope to see this released soon. I have pratically finished my logcat flow (in case I don't add anything anymore), or at least 95% completed. I have created the CUI script to help creating the command output and so far working fine. The CUI script is for root user anyway and require modification once we can use logcat without root.

Now is the trickiest part, documenting everything including how to use it. I might be creating a novel-long thread for that :lol:

Coldblackice

Post by Coldblackice » 18 Feb 2020 21:18

Desmanto wrote:
17 Feb 2020 05:20
Hope to see this released soon. I have pratically finished my logcat flow (in case I don't add anything anymore), or at least 95% completed. I have created the CUI script to help creating the command output and so far working fine. The CUI script is for root user anyway and require modification once we can use logcat without root.

Now is the trickiest part, documenting everything including how to use it. I might be creating a novel-long thread for that :lol:
This sounds really interesting. Can I ask what it's meant for, like what sort application/case where it'd be utilized ("application" meaning use case, not app/program)?

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 19 Feb 2020 06:15

Coldblackice wrote:
18 Feb 2020 21:18
This sounds really interesting. Can I ask what it's meant for, like what sort application/case where it'd be utilized ("application" meaning use case, not app/program)?
It started here, about 2 weeks ago : viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8566&sid=fc5e5d9b6e ... 43644feef0
And I just finished the last feature from the original plan yesterday.

I saw tasker new feature of using logcat. At first I am just thinking to duplicate that in Automagic. I already have 2 simple shortcut to logcat in order to help troubleshooting. But the logs are too crowded, partially by AM logs too. I have been thinking some regex method to remove those unnecessary log from the output. Mixed both purpose, and my AM logcat flow was borned. :D And I added many things beyond the original concept.

The main purpose is to helps in creating trigger command output, just like what you see with tasker logcat feature. My old flow start the logcat from smartbar navbar (feature from custom ROM), but not every phone have this. So I create the floating widget, everyone can use it then.

Here is the examples from tasker :
- Augment Pixel 4’s motion gestures
- Do different stuff for each finger when unlocking the device
- React to snoozing an alarm
- Do different stuff for when you unlock your device with your finger or with a pattern
- React to the Back button being held for 1 second in any app
- React to the software keyboard being shown/hidden
- Do different actions on Samsung devices depending on if the power button was double-clicked or the Bixby button was pressed
Some of these actually can be done by checking intent general broadcast, but not all android produce the same log. So this is more to catch special event that are specific to some devices.

Example, at my phone, trigger fingerprint swipe doesn't work. Nothing triggered. But at the logcat level, there is log when fingerprint is detected (not authenticated). So I just use that as the trigger. Before this, I have to logcat using my old flow, open the file, manually scanning each line. I can find and get to the fingerprint service, but still have to copy the message part manually and then create the command output trigger by pasting them. Now, it is a simple search or scroll at the service, pick the tag + message. Using menu Create Command output trigger in my flow, you simply need to tap the trigger and the CUI will Automagically create the full command. The filter works at tag and regex level directly into the logcat command, so no additional unneeded output produced, less overhead.

I have use logcat mostly for troubleshootinng, so this flow also will help me in the future, identifying source of problem. Such as some app might be spamming full screen ads or browse url intent. You can detect it using keyword action.VIEW.