Is there a way to automatically log into a secure wifi available?

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

Jptooch

Is there a way to automatically log into a secure wifi available?

Post by Jptooch » 07 Nov 2019 16:39

Looking for a flow that will automatically log my phone into a secure WIFI when available.
For example. When I go to work I have to log into my work's secure wifi. There is not a way to save my credentials via any user ID/password saving feature.

Basically looking for a flow that will be triggered by a SSID, then automatically type in my credentials.

Thanks JPTooch

Martin

Re: Is there a way to automatically log into a secure wifi available?

Post by Martin » 07 Nov 2019 21:28

Hi,

There's no built-in feature for this. You could try to use Control UI to automate entering the ID/password but that's usually tricky to get working reliably since timing can be difficult to get right.

Regards,
Martin

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 10 Nov 2019 17:32

@Jptooch : Do you mean captive portal login? Which require browser to type in the username/password? If yes, maybe you can use HTTP request to mimic the feature. When the notification appear to sign-in, you can act on it sending HTTP request containing the ID/password. But I don't know if it is secure enough, as your ID/password might get send in plain text.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

Jptooch

Post by Jptooch » 13 Nov 2019 23:05

Desmanto wrote:
10 Nov 2019 17:32
@Jptooch : Do you mean captive portal login? Which require browser to type in the username/password? If yes, maybe you can use HTTP request to mimic the feature. When the notification appear to sign-in, you can act on it sending HTTP request containing the ID/password. But I don't know if it is secure enough, as your ID/password might get send in plain text.
Thank you for the suggestion. I've read some of the options with the HTTP request and not sure which ones to select. For example, Request Method, Variable, Store Response... Do you have any suggestions? It sounds like what you describe as a browser based login.

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 22 Nov 2019 17:06

Need to see the example of the login you got.

You probably need to use chrome in PC to help you debugging the whole login process. After you know the method, you can mimic what you see in the debugging process. Usually the method is POST, the variables are usually username password, but it may contain cookies, special token or any other variable. The response can be leaved default, you can check the result in the response later using condition debug dialog.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.