automating Facebook and instagram stories

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

tsolignani

automating Facebook and instagram stories

Post by tsolignani » 21 Aug 2019 06:47

Good morning folks.

I am trying to automate publishing new stories to Facebook and Instagram with no joy.

I am currently trying with control UI, but after a couple of working passages I end up into a step where control UI just let me "focus" on an element it should be clicked instead.

I tried to change focus with click command but it doesn't work either.

So I wonder how come control UI, which works many times with my flows, doesn't work this time and if there's a way to make it work.

Then I wonder if there's another way to automate that.

Thank you.

Desmanto

Re: automating Facebook and instagram stories

Post by Desmanto » 21 Aug 2019 17:39

I don't use Facebook nor Instagram, so never try to use Control UI on them. I remember in the past, someone can use it. But maybe the latest version of the apps already use webframe component. Control UI can't work on these UI, including most browser webframe such as in chrome or any browser. The webframe is usually sandboxed from the external accessibility feature, so any app using accessibility can't interact with the inner element (including Automagic Control UI).

For those kind of apps, if none of the common Control UI function works, then your last hope is to use touchGesture(), which is available for Nougat 7.0+ (you can use it). This emulate almost like adb input x,y, but doesn't require root. The problem in most cases is to get the correct coordinate. So you got to make a lot of try and error. I avoid using touchGesture() because it is not as reliable as the common CUI function. But when nothing works, this is the last resort.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

tsolignani

Re: automating Facebook and instagram stories

Post by tsolignani » 24 Aug 2019 08:35

Thank you. I didn't know that. I'll maybe make some tries. Thanks again.