Crashing on Pie

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

peteS

Crashing on Pie

Post by peteS » 18 Aug 2019 19:21

I'm running Pie on my OnePlus 5T and find that automagic keeps crashing - or at least dissapears from the notificaions and doesn't run any actions. I don't see any messages though and restarting gets it running again - for a few hours at least - then it just dissapears again.

How do I enable logging so I can try and figure out what's happening?

canadaDry

Re: Crashing on Pie

Post by canadaDry » 19 Aug 2019 00:37

I just moved my scripts over to a a OnePlus 7Pro (running 9/Pie + 9.5.11 Oxygen) and had some issues, but so far crashing isn't an issue.

First thing I would check settings to ensure that AM is not power/battery optimized.

A tool I used to look at the android log is this: logcat https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... gcat&hl=en But, you can also just connect via adb and watch the logs in realtime also.

In automagic settings under logging you can select "debug log" and "write log to file" also... this should also help get the info you need to figure out what's going on.

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 19 Aug 2019 06:25

Make sure you have granted all the permission needed. Sometimes, after ROM update, the permissions is resetted. You have to regrant all. It also can be some new kind of security feature in the new ROM. Example, there might be some feature similar to Privacy Guard in LOS based ROM. This sandboxed Automagic and prevent it from gaining proper permission and data. You have to exclude Automagic from such restriction.

Other things you can try is to disable all Administrator, accessibility, draw over other app and other special permission for Automagic. Reenable it again after while.

If nothing work, try to use the debug log as pointed out above. You maybe have to consider to backup all flows (automagic folder), do a clean uninstall - reinstall.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

peteS

Post by peteS » 21 Aug 2019 10:32

Thanks both for the help. All sorted now. It looks like in a recent ROM upgrade, either the permissions or battery optimisation got mangled. They were showing as they should in the UI, but turning them off and then turning them on again has sorted it, so they were obviously not set correctly in some way post the ROM change.

Thanks again for the pointers.

pete S