Known Issues on Android 7

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

juan3211

Re: Known Issues on Android 7

Post by juan3211 » 05 Sep 2018 15:07

Desmanto wrote:No, please don't contact google for this accessibility! I am afraid that they will use this as a reason to restrict Automagic. Let's wait and see what Martin's opinion on it.
Ja ja, :D :D i think the same as you. Thanks a lot !!!! Let's wait

digitalstone

Post by digitalstone » 05 Sep 2018 22:38

@Desmanto
To restrict automagic?
Geez, how close IS Automagic to complete restriction anyway?
I mean if it only takes 1 thing as of now...

Then again, if they will, wouldn't there at least be a way for Google to buy the program?
Maybe Martin would be helped by that (or maybe he will send me to hell for saying so :lol: ).
Phone: LG Nexus 5X (rooted vanilla Android 7.1.2)

Martin

Post by Martin » 06 Sep 2018 18:59

Hi,

You can try to change the accessibility feedback type of Automagic in Automagic->Settings->Features & Permissions->Accessibility feedback type. I think there are some apps that change their behavior in case of some feedback types. Changing the type to Haptic or Visual might make a difference.

Regards,
Martin

juan3211

Post by juan3211 » 06 Sep 2018 20:26

Martin wrote:Hi,

You can try to change the accessibility feedback type of Automagic in Automagic->Settings->Features & Permissions->Accessibility feedback type. I think there are some apps that change their behavior in case of some feedback types. Changing the type to Haptic or Visual might make a difference.

Regards,
Martin
Hi, there are 5 types. Generic , Spoken, Haptic , Audible and Visual. I have AUTOMAGIC with GENERIC, and KASPERSKY ENDPOINT SECURITY with generic and visual.

I cant uninstall Kaspersky.

I have try AUTOMAGIC with Spoken, Haptic, Audible and Visual. (between changes I have activate and deactivatet accesibility for automagic)

Same results, always chrome is not working well with automagic's acccesibility active, and it is working well if automagic's accesibility is off

:(

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 07 Sep 2018 18:09

@digitalstone : The accessibility. Google has threaten all apps which use accessibility in the past. There is nothing to stop them to do it again.

Not everything google has done is good. We have seen how the android keep tightening up everything, removing many useful API, lock down many things in the name of "security". But some of these don't even have a proper guideline. As for accessibility, how does Google determine if an app is used by disabled user or not? There is no clear line drawn there, it is up to their interpretation. They can use this gray guideline to remove any accessibility powered apps.

Sure, locking everything making it more secure for end user. But think of that someone can snatch your phone when you are using it. It is in unlocked state, so basically they have access to everything. They can set the display timeout to never or 10 minutes, and keep the phone stay awake so it doesn't get locked out until they extracted out all of your data. Google notice this flaw and then proceed to remove the ability to set display timeout more than 10 seconds, so the thief must do everything within the 10 seconds. Can you imagine what will happen next? How many user will cry out because they can't set timeout more than 10 seconds, just because Google want it more secure for everyone.

There must be a balance between security and usability. Security at the expense of usability comes at the expense of security. Users will end up finding a way to disable the timeout altogether, making the phone totally insecure.

@Martin : It still the same in Chrome 69 (design have been materialized), RR 6.1 Oreo 8.1. But I actually like it this way, swipe down still have the usual card view, while tapping become list. But somehow the undo button also disappear caused by this. However, Chrome 69 in LP 5.1 doesn't have this bug, undo also works properly. So something in Nougat 7.0+ combined with Chrome 68+, combined with Automagic's accessibility, will result in this weird behaviour.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

Martin

Post by Martin » 09 Sep 2018 12:30

It seems that the chrome accessibility switcher tab issue also happens with other accessibility services so it seems that this bug was introduced in a chrome update. It's unlikely that an accessibility service can be changed to avoid this problem. Maybe it could be solved by removing some accessibility features but that's not really an option so it's probably best to wait for chrome to fix it.
You can access the regular tab switching UI by swiping down on the tab button (unfortunately does not work very reliably for me).

Regards,
Martin

juan3211

Post by juan3211 » 09 Sep 2018 17:55

Martin wrote: You can access the regular tab switching UI by swiping down on the tab button (unfortunately does not work very reliably for me).

Regards,
Martin
Thanks, i dont know it.

Hope chrome will fit it, thanks a lot.

nbi

Post by nbi » 03 Jan 2019 20:49

Automagic is not launching an app or Automagic isn't starting properly. On my Nougat media box I have Automagic launching the sshelper sshd server app automatically per Automagic startup (see attachment). But sshelper doesn't start. If I execute the flow manually it does start. What's going on? Is the Automagic startup trigger not firing??

It turns out that clicking on the Automagic icon itself activates the flows. That means Automagic itself is not starting. Automagic is a service - why wouldn't a service start if registered properly?

The /system/manifest.xml was on a read-only partition which prevented modification. That was easy to remedy and I added:
<service android:name="ch.gridvision.ppam.androidautomagic"/>

However upon rebooting Automagic still didn't start! I'm getting really hacked off. Is "ch.gridvision.ppam.androidautomagic" not the correct name? Is there something else needed?

Apparently a "receiver" for the "boot complete event" is needed to automatically start applications/services upon boot. I'm not an Android developer so this is now beyond my abilities. I'm afraid I'll have to leave it for Martin. :?
From the examples I found additional code is needed in the manifest.xml, however no such code is present on my phone (Marshmallow) and Automagic works flawlessly. So what gives? Totally confused.
Attachments
sshelper_launch_flow.xml
(980 Bytes) Downloaded 758 times

Martin

Post by Martin » 04 Jan 2019 09:30

Hi,

Automagic should start automatically after the system has started and on Android 7 usually when the device was unlocked the first time. It's a new security restriction that apps can start only when the user unlocked the device the first time. Please check if this is the case on your device by restarting the device, unlocking the device once and then wait a few seconds since the system might take some time to start all apps.
If this does not work then also check that 'Start after boot' in the settings of Automagic is enabled.

Regards,
Martin

nbi

Post by nbi » 04 Jan 2019 15:49

"start after boot" is checked. How do I unlock the device? Thanks.