Missing arrows in editor

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

lchiocca

Missing arrows in editor

Post by lchiocca » 21 Jan 2018 19:29

Hi Martin

I have a oneplus 5 (latest oreo firmware - non-rooted) and the editor in automagic doesn't show the conection array (see screenshot).

Hope you can fix it for the next version

Loris
Attachments
Screenshot_20180121-201636.jpg
Screenshot_20180121-201636.jpg (164.26 KiB) Viewed 15697 times

Martin

Re: Missing arrows in editor

Post by Martin » 21 Jan 2018 20:54

Hi,

Please try to restart the phone. There have been some reports of this problem but I have no clue where it's coming from yet since I'm not able to reproduce the problem on any of my test devices.
Some users also reported that one of the latest Android updates fixed the problem but this could also have been a side effect of restarting the device.

Please contact me at info@automagic4android.com if the problem should persist after the reboot. I would be interested to send you a custom build of Automagic with an attempt of a workaround.

Regards,
Martin

lchiocca

Post by lchiocca » 31 Jan 2018 13:23

Hi Martin,

A reboot worked. Wondering why it got into that state. I'll write you a mail if I find something.

Thanks
Loris

digitalstone

Post by digitalstone » 31 Jan 2018 13:31

Semi-offtopic:
An entire black screen before opening a flow is also a thing (if fiddled around for at least several times).
But when rebooting the phone it's also indeed fixed.

I never experienced the problem as shown above though.

Nexus 5X - rooted - Nougat (Android 7.1.2)
Phone: LG Nexus 5X (rooted vanilla Android 7.1.2)

dbam

Post by dbam » 11 Jan 2019 12:21

Martin wrote:Hi,

Please try to restart the phone. There have been some reports of this problem but I have no clue where it's coming from yet since I'm not able to reproduce the problem on any of my test devices.
Some users also reported that one of the latest Android updates fixed the problem but this could also have been a side effect of restarting the device.

Please contact me at info@automagic4android.com if the problem should persist after the reboot. I would be interested to send you a custom build of Automagic with an attempt of a workaround.

Regards,
Martin
I see that same effect on my Huawei Mate 9 ("MH-L29") running Android 8.0.0 now. I don't know for how long, but it still worked a couple of weeks ago. The arrows are not visible. Rebooting helps for a short while, but after the first interactions with the diagram (such as scrolling) the arrows fade away again.

akela

Post by akela » 13 Jan 2019 13:50

dbam wrote:Rebooting helps for a short while, but after the first interactions with the diagram (such as scrolling) the arrows fade away again.
The following steps fix the problem permanently:

1. Backup all the flows/widgets (Automagic Settings --> Send flows/widgets).
2. UNINSTALL completely AM (first, make sure to disable "Admin device functions" in AM settings).
3. Restart the phone.
4. Re-install AM from Play Store.
5. Restore all the flows/widgets (Automagic Settings --> Import flows/widgets).

With a clean reinstallation, everything is back to normal for good.