Help with navigation flow

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

Bender64

Help with navigation flow

Post by Bender64 » 18 Aug 2017 12:51

Hello can you help me with this flow? I do not know how to continue, i need to click on shortcut on desktop, popup come with 3 options for navigation and i chose one to start.
Flow :
http://automagic4android.com/flow.php?i ... 6978064928

Desmanto

Re: Help with navigation flow

Post by Desmanto » 18 Aug 2017 13:25

I don't know with other. But using my style, I love to make it using seperated expression for each of the option.
So I will create 3 expression, each evaluate the {value}. This is the variable which store the choice.
Then if it is true as the expression stated, it will launch the app. Everytime executed, every expression will be tested simultaneously, but only one will continue.

http://automagic4android.com/flow.php?i ... 6978064928
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 19 Aug 2017 06:28

You have a lonely script global_navi = null. Do you use this GloVar in another flow? If not, there is no need to assign the value. GloVar will slow down your flow a bit.

Your flow is in nested condition (series), while I prefer parallel style. I never check the difference in term of speed before. But I just tested it out and the difference can be huge. I will share the flow along with the explanation.

I also have navigation apps flow, but the trigger is based on App Started/ended. So I can just simply launch any navigation apps I want. The flow auto turn on GPS when navigation apps is launched, and auto turn off GPS after the nav app is not in use for 1 minute. I will share it also after tested out on other device. Sometimes things work properly at my phone, but show different result at other.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

Bender64

Post by Bender64 » 19 Aug 2017 06:50

I use global_navi var because i have no idea how to do it without it, i use this var only in this navigation flow.
I have big scroll lags when Automagic use accessibility service it is something in oxygen os nougat ( Op3 phone) , when i have marshmallow i use accessibility service without problems.

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 19 Aug 2017 07:57

If you use just {navi}, can it work? Because I can't see your other flow. If it works, just use {navi}.

The accessibility service sometimes can be incompatible with ROM with other accessibility built-in. Try to disabled other service to see if the problem disappear. Or you can try to change the feedback type in automagic preference.

Bender64

Post by Bender64 » 19 Aug 2017 08:47

Sorry I am an amateur, I do not know where to write {navi} so I tried this:

script : navi = value
expression : contains(navi, "Google Maps")

and it work :D
This is just a test flow I've done, you can try it, it's just making notifications on screen, if this work or not, thx for advice ;).
http://automagic4android.com/flow.php?i ... a1cc0938be

The other flow i use "GPS off displ" is only for turning gps off if screen is off 5 min and return music volume from 13 to 3.

About accessibility service i try all options, nothing help. Other applications do not cause lags if i turn on accessibility service for them ( i try tasker, automateit, automate ). Oxygen os in nougat version do not like only automagic :D but this is not a problem for me, i edit some of my flows and it work without accessibility service.
I use accessibility service for turning gps and data with off screen when i do not have root but now i am rooted so do not need it more.

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 19 Aug 2017 10:38

If you don't need the GloVar, you don't need the additonal script action. Just change the expression directly to value.
Expression : contains(value, "Google Maps")

Or it is better to use equal operator.
Expression : value == "Google Maps"

contains() will match anything as long they have that string, so it will match "This is Google Maps". While equal operator only match as stated.
{navi} refers to variable navi, when it is used as inline expression.

For accessibility, wait for Martin. There are several cases of incompatibility, you need to send him the log. So he can debug the detail

Bender64

Post by Bender64 » 19 Aug 2017 11:02

Thanks for the explanation ;)

I wrote to Martin several days before about accessibility service, and he explained to me that the problem is in my os so this is closed for me my flows work now without this service.

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 20 Aug 2017 14:53

I have made the thread about series vs parallel style. Now I have the supporting data to explain why it is better to use parallel style in your case.
http://automagic4android.com/forum/view ... f=5&t=6882