EAP version 1.38.0-dev

Forum to discuss everything related to the current development build of Automagic.

Moderator: Martin

Martin

EAP version 1.38.0-dev

Post by Martin » 07 Apr 2019 13:22

This forum is used to give interested users access to the next version of Automagic currently in development.
The early access version is only lightly tested and might still contain serious bugs. The quality of EAP versions can at times be even way below usual beta standards.

:arrow: Use at your own risk!
:arrow: Ensure to create a backup before you install an EAP version.

Important:
  • The EAP version will replace the Google Play version of Automagic on your device. Flows opened, saved and created with the EAP version will usually not be compatible with old versions of Automagic so it is highly recommended to create a backup of your flows, widgets and variables before you start using the EAP version (create a backup of the folder /<sdcard>/Automagic)
  • Unknown sources needs to be enabled in the settings of Android to install the EAP version.
  • Please report bugs and problems found in the EAP version in the EAP forum or by mail to info@automagic4android.com
  • :!: Don't share flows created using the EAP version in the regular flow sharing area since users of the released Automagic version will not be able to use the new triggers, conditions and actions. Feel free to share flows in the EAP forum.
  • The EAP version only works for about 2 weeks. Please install a new EAP version when the old one expires or install the released version available in Google Play.
Changes
1.38.0-dev (2020-08-02)
  • new trigger Launcher Trigger to execute a flow from the Launcher or with the Bixby button
  • new trigger Accessibility Button to execute a flow with an additional button in the navigation bar (Android 8+)
  • new trigger Volume Long Press Event (Android 8+) *
  • new triggers Launch Browser/Calculator/Calendar/Contacts/Mail/Music App Intent Received to react e.g. for special physical keyboard keys or to key events sent by system
  • new condition Custom Widget Overlay Showing to check if an overlay from Automagic is currently showing
  • new action Delete HTTP Request Cookies
  • new action Compare Images
  • added option Use accessibility service in action Show Custom Widget Overlay to potentially show widget on the lock screen and over the status bar
  • display permissions in Automagic with other texts in Android Q since access to the permission group name is not possible anymore
  • added possibility to make some actions that required root to work with permission granted using ADB, most notably actions Set Mobile Datanetwork State, Set Default Input Method, Set GPS State, Set System Locale and Set Network Location State *
  • added some special permissions like android.permission.DUMP and android.permission.READ_LOGS that can be granted using ADB which allows to use commands like dumpsys activity or logcat without root (use action Execute Command: dumpsys activity or trigger Command Output: logcat -c...). Some permissions like android.permission.READ_LOGS require a reboot of the device to take effect.
  • added option ignore group summary in trigger/condition Notification on Statusbar Displayed
  • added new variable cells with more cell information provided by condition Phone Cell GSM/CDMA
  • added optional filename in action Download URL
  • added option in settings to hide the Automagic input method when the Automagic keyboard is used to simulate key events
  • added option for x/y-offset action Combine Images
  • minor changes & bug fixes
* This function is not officially supported by Android and might not work on all devices.
** This function requires root access, is not officially supported by Android and might not work on all devices.

:!: Ensure to create a backup before you install an EAP version.

Download: Automagic.apk (2020-08-02)

Regards,
Martin

Philip

Re: EAP version 1.38.0-dev

Post by Philip » 14 Apr 2019 09:39

Since I installed this EAP version (Galaxy Note 9 running Android 9), Automagic no longer starts when I reboot my handset. I have to manually start Automagic and then it works as normal...
--
Philip

Martin

Post by Martin » 15 Apr 2019 15:09

Hi,

There was no change in this area. Please ensure that you wait long enough since sometimes it can take almost a minute until the systems starts apps. Also ensure in the system settings that Automagic is not battery optimized and background activity is allowed.

Regards,
Martin

Philip

Post by Philip » 15 Apr 2019 21:43

Thanks, Martin.

- Automagic is not Battery Optimised.
- I have just rebooted my handset and have waited for well over 10 minutes. All my other apps have fully restarted long ago, but not Automagic.
- Previous versions of Automagic (both production and EAP) always started automatically
- Settings > General > Start after boot and Settings > General > Start after update are both ticked

Any thoughts?
--
Philip

Bingwu

Post by Bingwu » 16 Apr 2019 06:02

Hello Martin!

Similar problems!
The EAP version does not start on my Samsung Galaxy S7 edge (Android 8.0) and can not be started manually.

regards
Peter

Martin

Post by Martin » 16 Apr 2019 13:22

A new EAP version is available.

Changes in this update:
  • new trigger Launcher Trigger to execute a flow from the Launcher or with the Bixby button
  • new trigger Volume Long Press Event (Android 8+)
  • added option Use accessibility service in action Show Custom Widget Overlay to potentially show widget on the lock screen and over the status bar
  • enabled more logs to analyze startup problems
Download: Automagic.apk (2019-04-16)

Regards,
Martin

Martin

Post by Martin » 16 Apr 2019 13:28

@Philip: Could you please test the new version. I've added more logging information to debug the startup process. Please enable Debug log and Write log to file in the preferences of Automagic, restart the device, wait a few minutes and then send the log to me (menu->Log, menu->Send log).

@Bingwu: Does Automagic crash or show any error information on the display when you try to start Automagic? Can you see the main screen with the button Start service at all? Since I can't reproduce it on an S7 myself I would be glad if you could take a bug report in the developer settings of your device and send the report to me (by mail to info@automagic4android.com). Thanks!

Regards,
Martin

Bingwu

Post by Bingwu » 16 Apr 2019 14:07

Hallo Martin! (auf deutsch geht's bei mir schneller!)

Die EAP-Version vom 07.04.2019 startete überhaupt nicht, ich kam auch nicht in die App-Oberfläche.
Die Android-System-Meldung (aus dem Gedächtnis) lautet lediglich, daß die App nicht gestartet werden kann.

Ich habe jetzt mit der heutigen EAP-Version getestet!
Die Installation lief reibungslos, mir fiel nur auf, daß Google-Play-Protect diesmal nicht danach fragte, ob die App überprüft werden soll. Bis hierhin keine Probleme!

Danach habe ich das Samsung Galaxy S7 edge (Android 8.0) zweimal neu gestartet.
Nachdem Automagic gestartet war, was auf diesem Gerät und wohl auch anderen Samsung Galaxy-Geräten, etwas länger dauert, war immer der Accessibility Service und der Zugriff auf Benachrichtigungen nicht mehr vorhanden und musste neu gewährt werden.

Gruß
Peter

Edit: E-Mail mit Log-Dateien ist auf dem Weg.
Last edited by Bingwu on 16 Apr 2019 15:36, edited 2 times in total.

Philip

Post by Philip » 16 Apr 2019 14:12

Hi Martin

Many thanks.

I've done as you asked and have sent you the logs - please let me know if they don't arrive (or if there are any other actions that I can take to assist with troubleshooting).

regards
Philip
--
Philip

anuraag

Post by anuraag » 16 Apr 2019 14:39

added option Use accessibility service in action Show Custom Widget Overlay to potentially show widget on the lock screen and over the status bar
thanks for adding this. Is it possible to use overlay for navigation bar too?

I have seen only one app on playstore that uses accessibility to darken notification bar and navigation bar.