notification launch app sometimes doesn't work

General discussions about Automagic and automation in general

Moderator: Martin

crackers8199

notification launch app sometimes doesn't work

Post by crackers8199 » 30 Sep 2018 17:44

...or is really, really slow. is there something I'm doing wrong, or a way to fix this?

Desmanto

Re: notification launch app sometimes doesn't work

Post by Desmanto » 01 Oct 2018 02:50

What is your flow's trigger? App task started? Using which method, classic or usage statistic? Have you enabled accessibility for Automagic? What is your phone model and android version?

Which notification is slow? Notif on screen or statusbar? App task started can take up to 1200 ms to detect the app, and this depends on the phone and android version.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

crackers8199

Post by crackers8199 » 01 Oct 2018 07:58

Desmanto wrote:What is your flow's trigger? App task started? Using which method, classic or usage statistic? Have you enabled accessibility for Automagic? What is your phone model and android version?

Which notification is slow? Notif on screen or statusbar? App task started can take up to 1200 ms to detect the app, and this depends on the phone and android version.
OnePlus 5, Android 8.1. i have tried with accessibility on and off, no difference.

I have a task that puts the notification in the status bar, and then a task that uses that as a trigger to launch the app I want...

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 01 Oct 2018 17:46

Which part is the slow one? From the time you tap the notification on status bar until the app launch?

After you put the notification in status bar, the other task should use Trigger Notification on Statusbar Selected. This flow will have the action Launch app. You have to grant automagic permission - notification access to make sure it is working properly. Or you can try to use "Triggered from own notification". You only need to enable the flow to create the notification, no more additional action notification on status bar in another flow.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.