Adwanced help for me please

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

Friend1

Adwanced help for me please

Post by Friend1 » 26 Feb 2020 16:52

Hi all,

I installed 4 roms ( RR 8.1, AICP 7.1.2, RR 6.0.1 and RR 5.1.1) on my Sony Xperia Z2 (sirius) using dual boot patcher and use automagic on each system with forlder names like AutomagicAPI (for example "Automagic23" on android 6.0.1). Not have any problems but my questions are:

1-) Can i run shell script form /system/bin foder named dbp.sh on automagic startup? (this will configure dual boot patcher for each system)
2-) Can i export my flows to a folder (SD card) before reboot operation? Or periodical explort on changes? (Add new or remove flow) (all systems is rooted)

Thank you very very much...

ariloc

Re: Adwanced help for me please

Post by ariloc » 27 Feb 2020 01:29

Friend1 wrote:
26 Feb 2020 16:52
Can i run shell script form /system/bin foder named dbp.sh on automagic startup?
I think you can do it using Run Root Command action, but it will work as long as you're phone is rooted (which you said it was) and you granted AM root permission. Trigger can be Automagic Startup.
Friend1 wrote:
26 Feb 2020 16:52
Can i export my flows to a folder (SD card) before reboot operation? Or periodical explort on changes?
There are several flows in the Flow Sharing Area that allow a variety of ways of backing up AM Flows. One which is pretty remarkable is Desmanto's (Automagic Backup) so you can set it up as you like. You can maybe achieve backup on reboot using trigger Shutdown and AM will try to make the actions you specify, like a backup, before the phone reboots/turns off. Backup on changes may be achievable with File Observer trigger looking for file changes in the Automagic folder, but you may need to experiment a little with it to see if it really gets triggered when you need.

Desmanto

Re: Adwanced help for me please

Post by Desmanto » 01 Mar 2020 18:28

1. Yes, just run command using root command. If your script is located at /system/bin/dbp.sh. Then just use that directly in root command
Command : /system/bin/dbp.sh
2. Since your ROM are different each other, some flow might be not working in different ROM. You can get all flow names and store it in a glovar. Then check if current ROM don't have the flow, it will import it. But that seems so much hassle. You can't just simply replace the flows.xml in /sdcard/Automagci, as Automagic will complain that the flow definition has been modified and won't load it or load it with all flows disabled. You have to save the flow states then.

I would suggest to just stay on one ROM, pick the best with the least compromise and stay with it. I rarely change my ROM because I want to ensure all of my Automagic flows works properly. When I change ROM, I usually have to modify some of the flow to suit to the new ROM config.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.