Ip door cam / monitoring display wake up to app

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

imaxwell

Ip door cam / monitoring display wake up to app

Post by imaxwell » 12 Dec 2019 22:16

I need help setting up AM on an Lenovo tab4 8Plus running android 8.1.

The plan is having a flow that triggers the tablet to directly open the reolink (camera) app to live view. Normally, with disabling all locking features, it should work with a simple "notification in the bar" trigger plus the action "start app". My problem is, that I stuck at some kind of a locking screen where the notification is shown and all stops there (attached). It's not leading into the app, unfortunately. how can I skip that locking screen, or should I use a complete different flow?

Thanks.
Maxwell.
Attachments
Screenshot_20191212-231507_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20191212-231507_Gallery.jpg (1.23 MiB) Viewed 15741 times

Desmanto

Re: Ip door cam / monitoring display wake up to app

Post by Desmanto » 13 Dec 2019 19:06

in what device, that the flow working normally? Try to disable all kinds of lockscreen at the tab and try again. The lockscreen can be from other app that has the lockscreen feature, you might want to remember when it started to behave like that.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

imaxwell

Post by imaxwell » 13 Dec 2019 19:18

Thanks for your answer. It works great on an galaxy note nine. I restored the Lenovo tab to factory reset and deinstalled all apps that I don't need. This lockscreen makes me angry :roll: I really disabled all looking features. How can I pass this screen and make the app starting directly?

imaxwell

Post by imaxwell » 13 Dec 2019 20:16

I'm not sure if that is a look screen btw. It's more a notification screen appearing before the actual lock screen comes. That's the reason why this notification screen appears even when all lock features are disabled. Anyone with a solution please?

Again, I want to wake up the tablet and directly start an app when a notification is received.

imaxwell

Post by imaxwell » 13 Dec 2019 21:51

Maybe disabling all notifications is an options but then I don't know how to wake up the display.

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 14 Dec 2019 07:58

Usually the app that produce lockscreen can appear the recent menu. Try to see what is in recent menu after that lockscreen appear.

To wake up the display, use action Turn Screen On. Then you can proceed to start the app. In galaxy note 9, you probably don't need turn screen on because the always-on display.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

imaxwell

Post by imaxwell » 15 Dec 2019 19:08

Not sure if I get your point. What do you mean with "recent menu after that lockscreen." When receiving a notification the display has already turned on. See above picture. All I want to do is to open an app when this screen (with the notification on it) appears. No chance to do that obviously. I was assuming that this is a very easy task for a tool like AM...

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 16 Dec 2019 17:38

Oh, you want the notification on statusbar displayed to be working as in note 9? I misunderstood that it is a locking screen. Because some app can produce additional lockscreen on top of android one. And you can check that it is that app, by looking at the recents app menu (where you can switch to other previous app).

If you mean the notifaction >> start app, and it is not working in the tab, try to make sure Automagic has notification access granted. If not, maybe you need to take 3-4 different screenshot of what you expect to happen from the triggered state until the final result and show where it get stucked. Cover any private information that is not needed.

imaxwell

Post by imaxwell » 16 Dec 2019 18:36

The problem is, that the tablet gets stuck at this screen (above picture) instead of showing the regular home screen from where the "notification on statusbar trigger" can be used. All locks are disabled.

Please tell if you need more details.

Thanks for your help.

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 21 Dec 2019 16:10

Now I am confused. Do you mean you want to trigger the flow as soon as the notification on statusbar appear as shown in the picture? If yes, and that trigger is not working in your lenovo tab, it probably means you haven't granted Automagic the notification access permission. The setting location can vary, but usually it is at the setting > app & notification > Special app access > Notification access. Enable for Automagic.