File accessed ERROR

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

Lucy

File accessed ERROR

Post by Lucy » 30 Oct 2019 18:22

I have a flow to log my default image gallery directory. I used file observer as a trigger to monitor and write to file on event changes such as accessed, created, deleted, opened, modified but the ONLY trigger that works is "accessed" and when it does it repeats the line imput into the log file many times over then errors. What am i doing wrong?

icefox56

Re: File accessed ERROR

Post by icefox56 » 31 Oct 2019 15:24

Can confirm.

When I open a folder that is set to observe, the flow continuosly write in the text file and end with emergency stop error.

This does not happen when I use Solid explorer to open the path. Then it writes only 2 or 3 times.

But when I use default files app or FX file manager this error happens. @Martin
Asus Zenfone Max pro M1, Stock android, Oreo 8.1, Rooted

Martin

Post by Martin » 31 Oct 2019 20:26

Hi,

It sounds like the apps continuously accesses the folder. Maybe the apps scan the folders repeatedly to detect changes. The trigger in Automagic just observes for the events that the system sends to Automagic so there's not much I can do.
You could increase the emergency stop count for the flow or add a sleep of some seconds and change the 'Flow execution policy' in the options to 'Skip...' to avoid that the flow is executed that often.

Regards,
Martin

Lucy

Post by Lucy » 01 Nov 2019 01:35

Hmm... ok darling. Thank you. I will look in to that and see what i can do

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 03 Nov 2019 17:46

Different app behave differently when accessing storage. Some query the whole file list, some create temporary file and move it after some time. This depends heavily on each app and should be tested individually. I actually still confused for most of the time, so I don't really use file observer that much.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.