Garbled character when writing to file

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

tsolignani

Garbled character when writing to file

Post by tsolignani » 14 Sep 2019 13:39

Good afternoon everyone.

If I use the write to file action, when saving accented letters or emoji I get garbled character (Chinese ones). But if I write the same characters with the same app (solid explorer text editor) the characters are ok. I suspect there is an issue with encoding while writing to a file, but I couldn't find any option about it.

Any hint? Thank you.

Martin

Re: Garbled character when writing to file

Post by Martin » 16 Sep 2019 20:59

Could you please send an example flow and a garbled text file to me (info@automagic4android.com)?
Is the text also garbled if your read the file with an action 'Init Variable Text File'? Maybe the text viewer determines that the file is saved in another encoding and shows the characters garbled. But a sample text file would definitely help.

Thanks & Regards,
Martin

tsolignani

Post by tsolignani » 20 Sep 2019 07:00

Thank you.

I just sent the both of them.

Thank you.

Martin

Post by Martin » 23 Sep 2019 07:20

Hi,

The example workout file you've sent to me looks OK, displays correctly on a PC and also displays four thumbs up on an Android device.
Could you please test another text editor on your Android device to check if the text editor somehow shows the wrong text?

Regards,
Martin

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 27 Sep 2019 17:52

Can you try with MiXplorer, it has built-in text editor which can be set to various charset. Try to use UTF-8. My speech project main database is stored in text file and has Chinese and Japanese words in there. All shown fine in MiXplorer Text Editor and in PC. Any write to file or edited on PC and pasted back to phone, all still showing fine.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.