No results for file info in local network

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

Horschte

No results for file info in local network

Post by Horschte » 11 Sep 2019 11:50

Hi guys,

I'm trying to access a text file which is located in my local network. I use the action Init Variable Text File and the path to the file like this: h**p://192.x.x.x/files/my_file.txt.
That works. Automagic can read the file. The content of the file is stored in the variable file_text.

Now I want to get the file infos for that file. I use the action Init Variables File Info and the same path h**p://192.x.x.x/files/my_file.txt. But the returned results are only false or zero. On the other hand I get the correct file infos when I select a file which is located on my phone.

Can anybody confirm that behaviour? Is it a bug?

Martin

Re: No results for file info in local network

Post by Martin » 12 Sep 2019 20:07

Hi,

Action Init Variables File Info is only capable to work with local files on the device. You could download the file over HTTP to the device and then use the action Init Variables File Info to get values like size. However the last modified time would be the time when the file was downloaded and not the last modification time of the file residing on the server.
For some types of remote files and directories you could use actions FTP/Dropbox/Google Drive Init Variable File List to get some information about the files on the servers.

Regards,
Martin