End call not working in automagic. But works in macrodroid.

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

icefox56

End call not working in automagic. But works in macrodroid.

Post by icefox56 » 11 Jan 2019 20:51

I want to create a flow that reject/end call when I dial a number during certain period.

But the "End call" action is not working. I just downloaded MacroDroid and tried to create similar flow, and the "Reject call" action worked.

I have no interest in using macrodroid just for one flow. So can any one suggest a workaround to "End call" action.

I run android 8.1
My phone is rooted

PS: also Martin can you take a look at the "End call" action, and see if automagic can implement it the same way as MacroDroid.
Asus Zenfone Max pro M1, Stock android, Oreo 8.1, Rooted

Desmanto

Re: End call not working in automagic. But works in macrodro

Post by Desmanto » 12 Jan 2019 11:15

What is your ROM and device? I am using RN5 with cusrom RR 6.2.0 Oreo 8.1, the action End Call is working fine here. The closest your ROM to stock android, the more compatible to Automagic.

When you use Reject/end call in Macrodroid, do you use root?

You can try to use action Execute Root Command, tap the ellipsis to choose examples, pick "input keyevent <keyname>", choose ENDCALL. Try it. There is a way without root, using Control UI, sendKey() and send the ENDCALL; but you have to use Automagic keyboard as the default input. Since you have root, better use execute root command.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

Martin

Post by Martin » 14 Jan 2019 20:16

@icefox56: Could you please enable 'Debug Log' in the preferences of Automagic, try to end a call using Automagic and then send the log to me (menu->Log, menu->Send Log) so I can see if there's anything in the log?
As a workaround you could likely use trigger Notification on Statusbar Displayed to detect the call notification and then use action Perform Action on Notification on Statusbar with option Click button and Decline respectively with the text on the button available in the notification.
Unfortunately only Android 9 introduced an official API to end a call so it's not officially supported on older versions of Android.

Regards,
Martin

icefox56

Post by icefox56 » 17 Jan 2019 16:57

Sorry for the late reply. I was unable to login to automagic forum for past days.

@Desmanto, thank you for your help.
My phone is Asus Zenfone Max pro M1,
It runs on stock android 8.1 (no custom UI). I don't know why it still didn't work being in stock ROM.

And yes macrodroid does use root when rejecting call.

I tried the Execute root command action and it works perfectly. Thank you very much. My problem is solved as long as my phone is rooted.

@Martin,
I've send the log as you asked. Hope it help find the issue. I guess I'll have to use the workaround you suggested in non-rooted ROMs.
Asus Zenfone Max pro M1, Stock android, Oreo 8.1, Rooted