Game ideas for the holidays

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

robchoc

Game ideas for the holidays

Post by robchoc » 27 Nov 2018 18:59

I have started reading the help guide and have realised that there is so much more to Automagic. I have barely scratched the surface with my flows.

I have come up with 3 game ideas for the kids.

The first one is a stealth game where I set the device to listen out to sensitive sounds and when it goes over a certain threshold it will trigger an alarm.
The idea is to put some treats at the top of the stairs and if they can make it up there without triggering the alarm, then they get the treat. :)

The second idea is to hold the device a certain way such as screen up, screen down, upside down, left side up etc and if they get the correct one, then they get the treat. :)

The third idea is a ticking time bomb, pass the parcel untill it explodes and you are out.

These are just some that sprang to mind whilst reading the help guide. :)
Would love to hear some more suggestions to keep the kids busy over the holidays. :D

I will start working on the first one and if I get stuck I will ask for help on this thread.

Thanks
Rob

canadaDry

Re: Game ideas for the holidays

Post by canadaDry » 29 Nov 2018 06:37

I liked doing treasure hunting games with my kids when they were little.

If your phone has RFID and you have a few tags, you could hide the tags around the house and give them clues to find them. The instructions would lead them to where the next tag is hidden and by putting the phone on/over the item it will 'unlock' the next clue leading to the finish.

In lieu of RFID tags you could generate/print QR codes (i.e. http://www.qrstuff.com).

Keep us posted!