Remove App from Recent App List

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

Ozmutz

Remove App from Recent App List

Post by Ozmutz » 14 Nov 2016 08:08

Hi All

I can't seem to find an action that can do this so I would like to ask other members.

Is there an action that can remove an app from Android's Recent App list?

Thanks
ozmutz

Martin

Re: Remove App from Recent App List

Post by Martin » 15 Nov 2016 13:15

Hi,

No, there's no such action.

Regards,
Martin

P-chu

Post by P-chu » 17 Nov 2016 10:51

Hi ozmutz,

It depends. Like Martin said, there is no action specific to your request, but if the Recent Apps list provides an 'X' button next to each listing, then you could find the X/Y coordinates of both that 'X' button, and the line of the app you are trying to remove to make an action Control UI to do this. So suppose the X/Y for an 'X' button is something like (1290, 1520). Then you want to keep the X coordinate, 1290, as this will be the same no matter which app listing. Then you want to use the function, getBounds(), on the app name into a variable and reference the index, 1, for the Y coordinate. Lastly, do a click() with the X/Y to remove the app. So the script for the above example, assuming the app name was "Calculator" would be:

Code: Select all

recent();
sleep(500);
bounds = getBounds("Calculator");
if (bounds != null) click(1290, bounds[1]);
However, if the Recent Apps in your phone does not have an 'X' button, or you need to do a swipe to remove a listing, or it just plain don't offer you the option to remove a listing, then there is no other way. If I'm not mistaken, I don't think there is currently a way to do a swipe in Automagic (until maybe Android 7 comes out perhaps).
P-chu

Ozmutz

Post by Ozmutz » 17 Nov 2016 20:47

Hi P-chu

That's a great answer and an awesome out of the box thinking.
Thanks for this I will give it a try.

ewu79

Post by ewu79 » 19 Dec 2016 07:24

Hi Martin, is there a chance to include a new action. I think it would be very good to have such action.
By the way: Automatic is the best app that i have had in my long time with android and systems before. Great job, well done! :D

Martin

Post by Martin » 20 Dec 2016 15:27

Thanks! :D

Sorry, to my knowledge Android does not provide an official API to do this for regular apps like Automagic (without using screen coordinates and simulating clicks).

Regards,
Martin