Known Issues on Android 7

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

Martin

Re: Known Issues on Android 7

Post by Martin » 27 Sep 2016 19:44

I'm not aware about a way that does not use root permissions.

tinkerguy

Post by tinkerguy » 27 Sep 2016 20:10

Ok, thanks for all the info and heads up. I'll root and try the above! :)

Marfo

Post by Marfo » 05 Jan 2017 20:32

Hi, my first post :P

I don't know is this bug or not, but on Android 7.1 I can't manage to hide icon of Automagic in status bar. In 6.0 it works perfect, I only checked option "icon in expanded status bar" and icon was hide. Do you also have this problem? I tested stable version and last EAP.

Martin

Post by Martin » 07 Jan 2017 19:22

Hi,

This option still works on Android 7.1 for me (Pixel XL). What device model are you using? An official ROM or a custom ROM like Cyanogen?

Regards,
Martin

ewill

Post by ewill » 08 Jan 2017 00:40

I just upgraded to Android 7 and noticed the following difference in behavior. If I set interruptions mode to "None/Don't Interrupt" using Method 1, Then if I use the Set Audio Volume to set the Music (sound type) to 14, it doesn't seem to have any effect. That was not the case prior to upgrading to Android 7. Is this a known difference?

Thank you for the assistance.

Marfo

Post by Marfo » 09 Jan 2017 06:11

Hi,

This option still works on Android 7.1 for me (Pixel XL). What device model are you using? An official ROM or a custom ROM like Cyanogen?

Regards,
Martin
Hi, yes Resurection Remix on Nexus 4 it is built on CM, on 6.0 also RR this option works ok. Maybe this stop working because of new notification system or CM bug?

Bender64

Post by Bender64 » 15 Feb 2017 18:15

Hello i found little bug, if i turn on accessibility service on automagic i get big touchscreen latency - lags but only when swipe or scrooling on screen in browser, settings, pull down notifications, everywhere. OnePlus 3 OxygenOS 4.0.3 Android 7.0

Martin

Post by Martin » 16 Feb 2017 19:59

Hi,

Turning on the accessibility service of an app can have a performance impact to the user interface on some devices. On some devices it's barely noticeable but other devices seem to be more affected. Automagic already optimizes the accessibility service as much as possible so I fear that the only mitigation to the performance problem is to disable the accessibility service on your device.

Regards,
Martin

Bender64

Post by Bender64 » 16 Feb 2017 20:09

I disable it, but on marshmallow i do not have this problem, so oneplus or google screw something. Automagic still best ap for android automation ;)

Luca.Biraghi

Post by Luca.Biraghi » 19 Apr 2017 12:22

Hello!
I've read that Nougat has problems with "wifi scan" service and that in can be solved through activating GPS but i have a strange wifi scan behavour and maybe is not GPS realted:
I've a flow that checks for wifi scan results and should accomplish some tasks. Whenever i turn on the display, the flow runs and everything goes fine. When the tablet is in idle mode, then there is no wifi scan activity. I recently updated to nougat and with marshmallow everything was fine and even if the tablet was idle in my bag there were several wifi scan per hour. Now that i upgrade wifi scans only happen when i awake the tablet. No matter if GPS is turned on or off.
I thought it can be related to some battery optimization service. I have a "battery optimization" list under "settings">"apps">"three dots">"special access" where i excluded automagic and where google play services were already excluded.
Then i have device maintenance (i think is a samsung goodie) where i can choose which app is automatically put in "energy saving mode" after some days of inactivity. Here too automagic is excluded.
Do you think this issue can be related to some other causes than the one of this topic?
Thanks in advance for help!

Luca
from Italy