This post lists known issues of Automagic on Android 7.
- Action Set Lock PIN/Password can only set the initial pin/password but can not clear nor change an existing pin/password anymore. This is a new security feature of Android 7 to mitigate problems with ransomware. No good workaround known. You could set Automagic to be the device owner to workaround this limitation (unsupported/execute on your own risk: enable USB debugging, remove all Google accounts, execute adb shell dpm set-device-owner ch.gridvision.ppam.androidautomagic/.AutomagicDeviceAdminReceiver, add the Google accounts again)
- WiFi scan result list is not available on some devices when GPS and/or location is turned off in system settings: Issue 185370
- The device idle/doze mode causes reliability problems for time based triggers. Please check the help page of such triggers for workarounds.
- Trigger Assist does not work on Android N since Google replaced this feature with Now on Tap: You can change the assist app to Automagic in System settings->Apps->Cog wheel (upper right)->Assist & Voice input->Assist App (see this post).
- Action Set Keyguard State does not work on Android N. No workaround known.
- The accessibility service on some devices sporadically turns off automatically. No workaround known. Marking Automagic with Don't optimize in System settings->Battery->Menu->Battery optimization should mitigate the problem on some devices.
- Condition App Process Running can only detect Automagic itself but not whether other apps are running (this was a security feature introduced with Android 5.1.1, the existing workaround does not work anymore). No workaround known.
- Rare System UI Crash when switching fast between apps and showing/hiding input dialogs or other input activities like a message dialog. This is caused by an internal error in Android 7. Only known workaround is to add a short delay with action Sleep: 1s directly after the input dialog to avoid to run into the bug.
- [workaround in 1.32] Condition App Task Running might not work on all apps/screens. The condition will take a few seconds to execute when the bug is present and runs with normal speed when the bug is not present.
- [workaround in 1.32] Not all notification texts are available in trigger and condition Notification on Statusbar Displayed. The texts are also missing in action Init Variable Notifications on Statusbar
- [fixed in 1.32] Trigger Outgoing Call often/randomly does not work.
- [fixed in 1.32] Action Set App Notification Peekable does not work anymore.
- [fixed in 1.32] Action Set App Notification Priority does not work anymore.
- [fixed in 1.32] Action Set System Locale does not work anymore.
- [fixed in 1.32] Action Notification on Statusbar only activates the notification LED when Play sound or Vibrate is activated. A workaround/fix should become available in the next EAP version.
Thanks & Regards,