Question on collection

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

husky

Question on collection

Post by husky » 23 Jun 2017 20:24

Hello,

Pardon my ignorance. :oops:

I've been searching something about Collection in Automagic with not much success.
I'm building a flow and it returns error message "expecting a collection".....

Could someone please give me some information about collection mainly how to create it, how and when to use it instead of a List.

What is the difference between a List and a Collection.

Thank You

husky
"Basic research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing"

Martin

Re: Question on collection

Post by Martin » 24 Jun 2017 19:09

Hi,

Where/How did you get this error? It probably just means "list". It likely comes from Java where Collection is the base class of Lists and Sets (and some other things that can store a bunch of objects).
You can create a "collection" in Automagic with newList() (If you are using the java features in action Script, there are many more ways to create other types of collections).

Regards,
Martin

husky

Re: Question on collection

Post by husky » 28 Jun 2017 15:37

Martin,

Thanks for the reply and for the explanation and sorry for the delay to reply. Had some business to attend to in Chicago.

Since the post, I've been trying a lot of options and now the "newList" fixed the old collection message.
I cannot replicate or remember what I did in the flow to generate the collection message.

At some point I lost my marbles trying to achieve something that is simple (by your standards, of course) and had to stop developing the flow while in Chicago.

Best Regards

Peter
"Basic research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing"