Option that change default separator of Input dialog and selectable text in Message dialog

Post your feature requets for new triggers, conditions, actions and other improvements.

Moderator: Martin

Hit

Option that change default separator of Input dialog and selectable text in Message dialog

Post by Hit » 14 May 2020 03:34

Hello, @Martin
  1. I request an option that can change the default separator for Multi choice and Single choice dialog.
    Because if in the list separate by comma, if I have an element that also have comma there's no way it can displays correctly.
  2. Some time I need the text in the message dialog, so I request an ability for the text to be selectable
I hope you consider my request and contain it in your next update.

Thank you!

Desmanto

Re: Option that change default separator of Input dialog and selectable text in Message dialog

Post by Desmanto » 14 May 2020 11:12

1. Comma is used in many parts of the element to separate multiple input. I think changing it will cause many problems.

You can double Quote the part which have comma.

Code: Select all

Hello,Hei,"Hello, World!"
Will result in 3 choices only, not 4.

Or you can prepare the choices in list (preferred for long list).

choice = newList("Hello", "Hei", "Hello, World!");
in the input dialog, use
{choice,listformat,comma}

2. +1, for easier copy

3. I would add request for a search option in input dialog. Just like we can search for action/condition/trigger. So we can dynamically search for certain choice directly in the same input dialog.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

Rafi4

Re: Option that change default separator of Input dialog and selectable text in Message dialog

Post by Rafi4 » 14 May 2020 16:52

Hi all
It's so simple as below

From record4

list = split  ("Hello/Hei/Hello, World!","/")
No.1 Automation app in play store Automagic Premium
Samsung Galaxy j2 non rooted.
Android 5.1.1

Hit

Post by Hit » 15 May 2020 00:07

I think a bout this idea when I first times meet Automagic. Especially I use some Tasker plugin that have the option.
So thank you guys for the solutions.