Global vars configuration backup.

Post your feature requets for new triggers, conditions, actions and other improvements.

Moderator: Martin

m4gzus

Global vars configuration backup.

Post by m4gzus » 30 Nov 2019 13:03

It would be nice to store global variables configuration (and may be their values) with flows backup.
In some cases it's necessary to use flows with global vars, but after backup restoring the each variable must be restored manually to make flows working again.

Desmanto

Re: Global vars configuration backup.

Post by Desmanto » 01 Dec 2019 18:37

Backup your glovar by copying the variables.bin. My Automagic backup flow also zip this file.

The downside is if you choose to restore, it will replace all you glovar. I have made another flow just to backup the glovar and can choose whether backup/restore per individual glovar. It also can cache long glovar (usually my logging flow) and store it as special backup for later analyze. Unfortunately I never really completed the flow yet.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

m4gzus

Re: Global vars configuration backup.

Post by m4gzus » 02 Dec 2019 09:34

The downside is if you choose to restore, it will replace all you glovar.
Yep, but it's the same as the flows restoring could replace all flows, but it skips already existing flows and throws the message.
That skipping behavior could also be applied to restoring golvars with similar message.