Kill app - remove from task list

Post your feature requets for new triggers, conditions, actions and other improvements.

Moderator: Martin

bdevay

Kill app - remove from task list

Post by bdevay » 09 May 2019 20:36

Hi,

I need an Action where I can remove a specific app from the task list (task manager). There is an existing Kill app feature but it keeps app on the task list.

Use case: I created a Secure folder (Samsung term, a workspace for apps secured with additional authentication procedure) and installed apps in there. I don't want to allow anyone to see what apps are installed in my Secure folder therefore I need a mechanism which wipes every evidence. Since I'm locking Secure folder with the power button (this is an option how the Secure folder should be locked), my Trigger is the Hardware key -> power button, my Action is the Kill app and I need an additional action for removing app from the task manager.

It could be an alternative solution if the killed app was removed from the task. It works in my case but I don't know if it's generic enough.

Best regards,
bdevay

Desmanto

Re: Kill app - remove from task list

Post by Desmanto » 10 May 2019 05:14

You have 2 ways to do this, using Control UI, or using root dumpsys command. You can see my previous post here : viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7209
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.