Clear PIN/password, Android 8.1

Post your feature requets for new triggers, conditions, actions and other improvements.

Moderator: Martin

beelze

Clear PIN/password, Android 8.1

Post by beelze » 04 Nov 2018 19:15

On my device (AICP Oreo 13.1) Clear PIN/password action not working (SecurityException: Cannot call with null password), though Clear PIN/password is working.

Desmanto

Re: Clear PIN/password, Android 8.1

Post by Desmanto » 05 Nov 2018 05:42

As stated in the Action Set PIN/Password, Automagic can't clear the PIN/Password anymore, unless it is device owner. Using execute root command locksettings clear also prohibit you from setting a null password (clear the password). https://www.xda-developers.com/android- ... d-pattern/

This is known limitation, I don't know if there is workaround for it.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

beelze

Post by beelze » 05 Nov 2018 10:18

Desmanto wrote:Automagic can't clear the PIN/Password anymore, unless it is device owner
Automagic Device Admin is listed and checked in Device admin apps, but with no luck; locksettings clear command fails too. Seems that Clear the PIN/Password not working at all?

Martin

Post by Martin » 05 Nov 2018 14:35

Device admin and device owner are not the same thing. You can try to make Automagic the device owner (on your own risk). Check the help page of action Set Lock PIN/Password.

Regards,
Martin

beelze

Post by beelze » 05 Nov 2018 14:54

Martin wrote:Device admin and device owner are not the same thing. You can try to make Automagic the device owner (on your own risk). Check the help page of action Set Lock PIN/Password
Well, I got it. The link on help page is broken, though I think you mean:

Code: Select all

dpm set-device-owner <COMPONENT>
What exactly I should use as COMPONENT?

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 05 Nov 2018 15:14

Look at the Action Set Lock PIN/Password help page, there is a link to device owner help too.
Device Owner
Setting the device administrator of an app as a device owner enables several capabilities to an app that are not available otherwise.

The procedure to set Automagic as the device owner is quite complicated and can potentially go wrong so this feature is completely unsupported and you do this on your own risk.

1. Enable Developer options->USB debugging on your device
2. Set the Screen lock to None
3. Install Automagic available on Google Play
4. Remove all Google Accounts from your device
Execute

Code: Select all

adb shell dpm set-device-owner ch.gridvision.ppam.androidautomagic/.AutomagicDeviceAdminReceiver
5. Add your Google accounts
I don't recommend to do it. In your case, you just wanna disable the security. Better use action Set Lock Pattern State. This will disable the security, just like no pattern at all. I use this too to unlock the phone for the Control UI purpose.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

beelze

Post by beelze » 05 Nov 2018 16:51

Desmanto wrote:Better use action Set Lock Pattern State
Thanks, it worked. At least for now :-)