Copy and paste trigger, action, condition graphically by tap

Post your feature requets for new triggers, conditions, actions and other improvements.

Moderator: Martin

niftea

Copy and paste trigger, action, condition graphically by tap

Post by niftea » 14 Oct 2017 16:11

It would be very cool, convenient and quick if I can LONG CLICK an object (trigger, action or condition) of an existing flow to COPY it, and then long click in another flow to PASTE it.

Right now, we have to search and select an existing action from a menu based on its name. The inconvenience of doing this way is that there are too many actions to scroll through, too many actions with similar long cryptic names, and we can't absolutely remember we select the right one from the right flow we want. Too cumbersome.

I often reuse an action or condition from my other flows, and I wish I can copy and paste it just by "tapping" either by long click or other touch mechanism into another flow.

It would be very magical and convenient if this feature is possible. It would be very much in keeping with Automagic graphical and visual way of doing things.

Desmanto

Re: Copy and paste trigger, action, condition graphically by

Post by Desmanto » 14 Oct 2017 17:43

You can't copy trigger, you have to select it manually. But you can copy condition/action. Just long press the elements, and select the elements you wanna copy. Tap the copy icon at the top right corner, beside the delete icon. Long press anywhere in the flow and tap paste.

If me, I wanna the flexibility of flow editing, just like the one in DrawExpress Diagram. It can use gesture to create/delete elements, connections, quickly select multiple elements and many more. But i concern the flow editor perfomance too, since it will need to add lot of extra codes to handle those fancy gesture.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.