Allow Default Value and Timeout to Input Speech

Post your feature requets for new triggers, conditions, actions and other improvements.

Moderator: Martin

niftea

Allow Default Value and Timeout to Input Speech

Post by niftea » 28 Oct 2016 17:58

Is it possible to add a TIMEOUT and DEFAULT value to the INPUT SPEECH action ?

In my testing, the speech input is quite accurate (at least for US English) although I use it mainly to input one or two words commands like "yes", "no", "go", "stop", "send mail".

But, the flow waits forever, "hangs", gets stuck when the input speech does not understand you or does not get an input fast enough.
In that case, I would like it to TIMEOUT with a DEFAULT value or whatever value it hears, and continue with the flow. As of now, it just gets stuck and the flow is stuck forever. (With "no user interface", there is no way to continue ...)

With or without user interface, it would be great to timeout, exits gracefully the action, and continue the flow.

athooya

Re: Allow Default Value and Timeout to Input Speech

Post by athooya » 30 Oct 2016 12:47

+1
Me too.
Speech input needs a default value and a timeout to be usable.

LawyerCodeRookie

Post by LawyerCodeRookie » 04 Dec 2016 19:44

I've had the same problem too but I noticed the bottom that the action has two variables... one is value - I have tried using a value==null condition after, but that didn't work - but it describes a second variable "operation" and that looks like it might be helpful. I don't know how to use that, though...

Martin

Post by Martin » 06 Dec 2016 14:21

The action provides either "ok" or "cancel" in the variable operation. You could check it with a condition Expression like this:
operation=="ok"

Attach an action on the true-branch of the condition to process the speech input.