Multi Press

Share and discuss your flows and ideas with other users.

Moderator: Martin

Desmanto

Multi Press

Post by Desmanto » 03 Jan 2019 17:33

Multi Press

Download here : Multi Press.xml
Multi Press.png
Multi Press.png (150.57 KiB) Viewed 24926 times
Usage
This flow concept is used to execute certain action based on how many trigger it receives consecutively before timeout. The example flow takes on trigger Hardware Key Event, on VOLUME_DOWN, key press down and block the event from being sent (System won't lower sound volume). We use 4 states (4 press) in this design. If pressed once, and waited for 1 second, Notification on Screen : State 1, will pop up. Press twice before 1 second timeout in between, Notif : State 2. Press thrice : State 3 and so on until State 4. If pressed more than 4 times, then it will redirected to another action, in this case is Vibrate. This is used to prevent accidental press more than 4. So 5, 6, 7, .... press will do some useless warning action to warn that it is outside of the designated press

The concept of this flow is similar to what Mi keys do.

Flow Execution
The flow use FEP : Stop, which will stop the existing running execution. (visit my FEP thread : viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6985) It is used to stop the previous press action, so it will reregister with the next trigger. So action from press 1 will be cancelled by press 2, action from press 2 cancelled by press 3 and so on.

How the flow works
Before execution, glovar is 0. At the first execution, it will add glovar by 1. It will wait for 1 second. Then it will check current glovar value. Since it is first execution, glovar is 1, it will go to branch 1. If there is no other trigger during this period, notification on screen : State 1 will be shown. The glovar is resetted to 0, starting all over again. If there is execution during that 1 second wait, second press trigger will stop the first press execution. It will increment glovar by 1 again, so now it is 2. The flow will wait 1 second before go to the branch 2. Repeating the same, until glovar is outside of the designated index. If the key is press more than 4, then anything further will fall into the last expression, which is bigger than 4. It will do the last warning action.

Initialization
You will need one glovar for this flow, global_multipress. Create this glovar manually in the global variables menu and set the value to 0 (Number). Without this, the flow will fail without warning, since it will add null. I won't create the error checking part, since the glovar is a one-time creation, making the error checking part redundant.

If you need several flows like this one, you can save some glovar space by merging the similar flows into single glovar map. Create the glovar in map type.
global_multipress, map type. Add new key and add the identifier name, set the key value to 0. Example
global_multipress :
volumedown : 0
volumeup : 0
proximity : 0
Later, instead of using global_multipress, use the key from the map

Code: Select all

global_multipress["volumedown"] = global_multipress["volumedown"] + 1;
To test the flow, after creating the glovar, simply enable the flow. (You need to enable accessibility services for Automagic for this to work, since it use Key Event.) Press volume down button at your phone once, wait for a second, you should see toast message : State 1. Repeat the same to see other notif.

Triggers
This flow usually will be coupled with triggers that can execute quickly and consecutively. Some of these triggers are sensors based, which can drain battery just by being enabled. So most likely you need to use another flow to enable/disable this flow for use only during certain period/condition. Example, only when bluetooth is connected or charging in car.

Modification
Change the trigger to any other trigger you need. You can still use Hardware key event, but use other key instead. For example, if you have bluetooth headset or remote shutter, you can map the play/pause button or the camera button to multiple function using the same press. You can use any other quick and sucessive trigger, such as
proximity/light/compass sensor : wave 1 to play music, wave twice to pause, wave thrice to next, etc.
Http request trigger : coupled with other IoT device which can send http post, can be use to map a single button to multiple function
Device orientation : flip the device to certain face for several times to perfom certain special action
Fingerprint gesture (for device that support it) : Swipe certain times to perform certain action
NFC tag : put once for Normal profile, put twice for vibrate.
Shake : Shake once to vibrate, shake twice to silent.

Change the glovar name to your need. You might want to use glovar map as pointed above.
Change the action in each branch as needed. You can set for example,
press 1 = play/pause
press 2 = next track
press 3 = previous track
press 4 = stop music,
press 5 or more = play certain warning sound and vibrate.

You can change the behaviour of last branch 4 to always execute the branch 4. Meaning press 4 or more will always result in "Notif State 4". Simply connect the expression 5 to the action in branch 4. Or you can simply remove the 5 branch, and modify the branch 4 expression to

global_multipress >= 4
If you need more/less than 4 action, add/remove the branch accordingly, and modify the last branch. So if you need only 2, remove branch 3 and 4, modify the last expression to > 2. If you need 6, add another 2 branches, and modify the last expression to > 6.

If you need varying pressing time, you can modify the sleep time in each execution, by using another list to store the timing. Branch 1 set to 750 ms, branch 2 500 ms, branch 3 2000 ms, branch 4 1000 ms, etc...., such as

multisleep = newList(750, 500, 2000, 1000);
So the first script now become

global_multipress = global_multipress + 1;
multisleep = newList(750, 500, 2000, 1000);
len = length(multisleep);
sle = if(global_multipress > len) multisleep[len-1] else multisleep[global_multipress - 1];
sleep(sle);
But it is too hassle to do it and I think it is just overkill for general purpose. In most cases, you probably never need more than 3 press. Longer press require longer time and more exhausting to press until the desired branch. If you need multiple choices and you have direct access to the phone (touch screen input), better use Input Dialog - Single Choice Menu. This flow is used to coupled with other device/means where you don't have direct to the phone or need special background task running using special method. (secret action).

Alternative
This flow actually can be created without using glovar, but use multiple condition execution count. However, to add or remove additional branch will be much more difficult and confusing, since we need to rearrange half of the branch. You also have to give each execution count a unique name, and the higher the press needed, the more element execution it need (adding up unnecessary latency).
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

tphg

Re: Multi Press

Post by tphg » 04 Jan 2019 00:12

Thanks for making this forums alive with a useful flow, @Desmanto.

Frog8583

Post by Frog8583 » 05 Jun 2019 05:24

Completely new to all of this, I need a task That will mimic touch tasks over and over on an android...is that what this does?

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 05 Jun 2019 14:20

What do you mean by "mimic touch tasks". I can't find the playstore app which has that name. This flow is to simulate something like Mi Key.

If you mean to mimic certain click or tap certain button for multiple times, you can use Control UI : viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7320
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

Frog8583

Post by Frog8583 » 05 Jun 2019 16:47

Yes that makes more sense, i want something that will repeatedly click or tap over and over...i play Art of Conquest, and to train 5300 troops is too much clicking/tapping can anyone help me set this up?

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 05 Jun 2019 17:00

Then you should create a new thread instead, this is different topic.

Most game will render the accessibility useless, as they usually sandbox the process from the general UI element. Your best chance is to have rooted device and use execute root command. But it is very difficult to set it up too, since we don't have the click/tap recorder for the input x y.

Frog8583

Post by Frog8583 » 05 Jun 2019 17:28

Ok...thanks

Frog8583

Multipress

Post by Frog8583 » 05 Jun 2019 18:29

So i ran multi press not knowing what it is and now my volume buttons dont work lol...help!!

Frog8583

Re: Multipress

Post by Frog8583 » 05 Jun 2019 20:44

Screenshot_2019-06-05-10-37-27.png
Screenshot_2019-06-05-10-37-27.png (81.97 KiB) Viewed 24218 times

Desmanto

Re: Multipress

Post by Desmanto » 06 Jun 2019 04:46

Just disable the flow and it is back to normal. If not, a simple restart should have fix it.