Alert when to leave work to catch the commute home

Share and discuss your flows and ideas with other users.

Moderator: Martin

mbirth

Alert when to leave work to catch the commute home

Post by mbirth » 26 Mar 2016 18:15

http://automagic4android.com/flow.php?i ... 181e91fe41

A few years ago I worked at a place where the train home left every 20 minutes and often I'd miss it because I switched off my computer a minute too late or got involved into a discussion with someone. Or a train was cancelled and I had to wait 20+ minutes at the station when I could've done a bit more work.

This flow will run every 20 minutes between 5:30pm and 7:00pm - but only if you're connected to your work's WiFi (see Preparations down below). It will query Google's Direction API for the transit route home (incl. delays in most places) and show a toast notification with the time when you have to leave your workplace to walk to the transit stop (bus station, train station, underground, etc.). You can add a Speech Output block or a sound to get a heads up. This is all up to you.

Preparations:
  • Change the condition to match your work's WiFi network's SSID(s)
  • Store your home address in the global variable: global_home_address (e.g. "Musterstraße 12, 12345 Musterstadt")
  • Maybe change the desired language in the URL (HTTP Request block) and the last Script block
  • Add a Sound output, a Notification on Statusbar or e.g. a Speech Output
BlackBerry KEY2, Android 8.1.0